Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Children's Museum of Denver

I heard the Children's Museum was super fun for the
kids so I took them one day while Auntie Kelly was
at work.  We spent almost the entire day there with
no complaining and no food.  I was completely amazed
that it went so well.  All three of the girls had a great
time and it took some teeth pulling to get them to leave.
I was starving and getting a little bored to tell the truth.
I had fun the first hour or so but after five hours, I was
wishing I had brought a book to read.  There were
about 15 different rooms to play in and the girls spent
at least half an hour in each one.  I had to move them
along just to get through the whole museum.  I am still
not sure that we saw the whole thing.  Totally worth the
eight dollars per person but I recommend bringing a lunch
and taking a break half way through the day.  There was
seriously something for every kid to enjoy, including me!

 This construction room was terribly dangerous.  The tools
were real and very sharp.  The kids all bled from some
part of their hands by the end of this room.  Fun but kind
of a parents nightmare...dangerous sharp toys everywhere!


 This was the train room.  Kind of boring but since the
girls have never really had a train set like most boys,
they really enjoyed it. 

 There was a room with a giant tree and animal
costumes.  This was the favorite spot for the day.
However, as a parent I couldn't stop thinking
about all the kids that have put those costumes on
and if they had lice and so on and so forth.  I just
wanted to wash my hands and spray the girls with
sanitizer after this room.  Not so clean!  I have to
say, I turned into a germ freak that day.  Really
grossed me out!
Keeley just loved playing the bunny because
ever since we showed up in Colorado, we see
bunnies all over the place.  They are hopping in
every grassy area we see.
  

This was the bubble room and super cool.  They
got to make all kinds of giant bubbles and use
dry ice to make smoke.  I even had fun here! 




 This was the shopping/cooking station.  They could buy
groceries and make food in the play pizza oven!  Daddy
would have liked the pizza place!




 There was a puppet area and a dancing area too.

 Not the best area for a mother, but the girls had fun
painting.  Thank goodness they are old enough to
not get paint on everything!

  We almost missed this room.  It was the last one of the
day and we didn't even see it until we were walking out
of the museum.  I can't believe that we didn't see this
one earlier.  The girls are obsessed with animals and want
to be veterinarians so this was a really fun one for them.
Looks like Uncle Mike has some future interns!



No comments: