Monday, January 31, 2011

Carving Pumpkins and Halloween 2010

The girls thought it was so gross to have to tough the seeds
of the pumpkins.  They made me do all the nasty work and
they just did the cutting.  Amazing how fast pumpkins go bad
in Hawaii.  We put them out the day before Halloween and
the day after Halloween we had to through them away.  They
had mold and gnats swarming them immediately.  Oh, well!
It is the same with Christmas trees here, dry in less than a week.

 The girls wanted to be cats again this year so we tried
to get something a little different from last year.  Keeley
actually told me long before Halloween that she wanted to
be a pink cat and I thought to myself, "where am I going to
find a pink cat."  I was at the mall a few days later and
in Clairs there happened to be a pink cat mask and a pink
tutu that matched.  I thought that would work perfect!
Kayla decided that she would be black and so Grandma
Leslie found a cute leopard tutu for her. They used the
outfit for the church trunk or treat but then wanted to
be something different for Halloween the next night.???

 I convinced Keeley to wear the same costume, but Kayla
had to go with the witch costume we borrowed from the
neighbor.  I have to admit that she was adorable in it!
She insisted on carrying my little fake broom the whole time!
 I went with the fortune teller theme for the door this year.
I don't know why I bother, we hardly ever get anyone at our
house.  We walked around our gated complex and there were
no houses with decorations or candy.  We had to drive to
another neighborhood just to get some excitement.  We went
up the street to their dance teacher's house (she always gets into
holidays) and they were so scared by her costume that they
wouldn't go into her house.  They were terrified!  I loved it!


No comments: